Friday, April 22, 2011

What It's All About

Thanks so much for your interest in my blog. I hope to enlighten others about Auto Immune Disorders and Celiac Disease. I currently suffer from 3 auto immune disorders such as Hashimoto's, Vitiligo and Psoriasis. I have recently been diagnosed with Celiac Disease and can no longer eat Gluten. I also have a sensitivity to Soy, Cows Milk and Chicken Eggs and have to remove them from my diet completely for the rest of my life.

I have sought out many traditional doctors over the years looking for answers and a way to feel better but the only answer I ever received was, "take this pill". I was tired of trying various "bandaids" that ultimately led me to other side effects or symptoms in the process of treating another condition. I was tired of chasing my tail and felt like I was given the run around every time I sat across from a doctor looking for answers. Dare I question there method of treatment or voice information that I had researched on my own. The concensus was always that it was ok to take a pill the rest of your life and there was always another pill to take care of any side effects that may result if needed.

Finally I said enough is enough and made the decision to seek out treatment from a Naturopath Chiropractor/Endocrinologist who specialized in Hashimoto's and auto immune disorders. I have never felt like a doctor listened to me and understood how I felt and validated why I felt that way. After one hour of meeting with the Naturopath Doctor I knew that he was the answer I had been looking for.

Please join me on my journey to reclaiming my health and taming the auto immune beast. I believe that God has given us everything we need to heal our body, mind and soul right here on this earth and know for a fact that our bodies are an amazing creation that have a way of correcting any conditions it might suffer from with the right treatment.

I hope that I can encourage those who are looking for answers and trying to understand why they feel the way they feel even though they might look healthy on the outside. If sharing my journey can lead one person in the right direction to changing their health and overall well being than this journey is worth it for me.

I strongly encourage you to listen to your body and never take no for an answer. No one can know how you feel on a day to day basis and if you feel like a stranger in your own body than listen while it screams at you and choose to be proactive in finding the reason why. I lost my father at the young age of 57 and it awakened me and made realize that I had to take control of my own health and never stop looking for the right answer that would make me better. If his premature death can prolong or save the lives of others than it wasn't in vain.

I know you can feel better and I believe that you can have the answers you need to know where to start on your road to wellness. Remove the bandaids and get to the root of the issue. It is possible and you can make it happen. Good luck and I look forward to sharing my journey with you.

Brooke

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, you are incredibly inspiring! Thank you for having the courage to step forward and share your story! I look forward to hearing about your progress to wellness and your cast knowledge about natural cures. Great work!

    ReplyDelete